Reports To: Janet Sherlip, Development Director
Purpose: Speakers Bureau Volunteers will help spread the message of the important work of Trusted World and our impact on the community.
- Attend Speakers Bureau Training
- Represent Trusted World at a variety of community events by verbally presenting facts about Trusted World’s mission.
- Attend check presentations and publicly thank supporters and donors. Explain how their support is helping change the way nonprofits work in our local community.
- Maintain an understanding of the history, mission, and impact of Trusted World.
- Complete a brief evaluation following speaking engagements.
- Have fun and help spread the word about how Trusted World is changing the way nonprofits work in North Texas and around the world.
- Comfortable speaking in front of groups of people
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Willingness to learn how Trusted World operates
- Timely and dependable
- Possess reliable transportation
- Available to attend events during the weekday, evening, or weekends
- Positive, team-oriented attitude
- Belief in the importance of the mission of Trusted World
Time Commitment: Speakers Bureau volunteers are expected to commit to a minimum of two speaking engagements per year, as opportunities are available.
Volunteer Training: Training will be provided to all interested volunteers. Speakers Bureau training will be offered four times a year. July -Sept-Jan-March